Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Who's Responsible For This?

Annette has pulled out her soap box to stand on to deliver this message...

Public display of religion. I've thought about it and thought about it and this is what I think. Some of my perspective and experience comes from years of handling some situations completely different than I do now.

When you patronize a business and they do something to irritate you...lets say your utility company (yes...you patronize them whether you like them or not), you ask for their supervisor, and when your not satisfied with their answer you go to their supervisor and so on and so forth. Did you know that at most places there is only one person who is ultimately in-charge? As for your utility company, if it's not one person then it's a small group of people. Trust me. I know first hand that if you try hard enough, you can get all the way to the top. I was in advertising sales too!

So I think that when it comes to praying in public at a sports event, displaying a "religious icon" inside a County Courthouse, or singing a Christmas carol about Baby Jesus at a school play, then lets ask the person who is ultimately in-charge what they themselves personally believe....like George W. Bush. I would like to think that he is saved, but I don't ever recall hearing him say that he was. He goes to church, but there are lots of people that go to church every Sunday that aren't saved. They just go for looks.
Anyway, didn't "we" when we became our great country decide that "we" wanted to be "one nation under God"? Isn't our President the one who is "ultimately in-charge" and has the final say? I wonder if he prayed and asked God what he should do, what God would say.
I realize that there are lots of you already feel the same way. If you don't shout it out, who's going to know for sure that you feel that way?
Annette steps down from her soap box and puts it away...for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home