Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Thou Shalt NOT Take the Lord's Name In Vain

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

-Exodus 20:7

Do you know how to tell if someone is close to God or not? Watch their reaction when someone says "God" and see if they cringe when someone says "damn" afterwards. I even cringe when I hear the words "Oh my" because more and more without even a second thought "God" follows those words. Gosh...please. That's a second thought that came a little too late. I am so guilty of rattling off those words without even thinking about it or caring who heard me.

Some of you are shocked that those words could actually come out of my mouth, but they did at one time. Not anymore. I wonder now, how it was so easy to let myself become so numb that I could blatenly say it and not even care. Are we really fooling ourselves into thinking that times have changed and it's not that big of a deal anymore?

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."

-Proverbs 30:9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home