Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tony Dungy

Usually I don't keep up with sports of any kind, but it is a well known fact that the Pastor at my church loves the Colts. This morning when I was scanning through the headlines and saw that the son of the coach for the Colts had died, I clicked on it.

Bill Polian said today in a news video on CNN.com following the death of his oldest son, that Tony's "faith is his rock". Twice he mentioned prayers for the repose of James' soul. The past tragic deaths I can recall, I don't recall anyone praying for the repose of their souls. I searched the internet to see if I could find some highlights about Tony Dungy. Here are a few of the things that I found:

When he was fired from Tampa-
"It's been a great six years," said Dungy, 46, during a Tuesday morning news conference to address his firing. "I think when you're a Christian, you tend to look at things from a different perspective.
"Some things are supposed to be bad, and even though they're sad, they don't strike you as bad times. That's how I look at today.'' -Tampa Bay Online
Tony Dungy was said to be the most successful head coach in Tampa Bay history.

He is described as being one of the most respected head coaches, a perfect gentleman, and a man with high character. He said himself that being a father was his most important job. One thing I don't expect to hear from him in the coming days is that he wished he had raised his son different. I hope that he can look at today from his Christian perspective in these hard times for him. "Some things are supposed to be bad, and even though they're sad, they don't strike you as bad times. That's how I look at today.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home