Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Our Thinking Is Limited...God's Thinking Is Infinite

Infinite meaning having no boundaries or limitations. How often do we pray God answer my prayer by showing this person and that person and those people over there that you are at work in my life? That is how I pray. Not because I want them to know how good of a Christian I am, but because I want them to want God to work in their lives. I've experienced how infinite God's thinking is. When He's answered my prayers lately, He's touched more lives than I would have even thought.

In these last few weeks, I've learned that I have spiritual strong points, as well as weak points. While I am trying to work on my weak points, it's nice to know that my weak points are others strong points. One example is, I don't know how to lead someone to Christ. I've never done it and unless someone asks me how they can be saved, I don't know that I'm the right person to "sell them" on getting saved. However, there are people that are called to do that.

There are too many of us that are looking at someone else thinking they're doing this or that and they're not doing what they're supposed to do. I know you've heard your kids say, "well, she's not doing what she's supposed to do!" It's usually followed by, "so why do I have to?" We each have our own calling and our own unique way to do our job. The problem is we look around and see people trying to do their job and we spend too much time pointing out what they're not doing right and end up not doing our own job well, if we do it at all.

I can imagine there are many, many more that don't even know what their job or calling is. Before now it really never hit me that I could actually use my natural abilities and the natural abilities of my family to do something to serve God. To me, I thought I had to be a part of a ministry or church and be assigned a duty through them. I guess I still could be, but in my everyday life I will be ministering to people through a newsletter that I'll be writing every two weeks for now.

When I first published the newsletter, my only thought was try it and see if people pick it up. I printed 200 copies and distributed them around town. Almost every single copy was gone by the second day. My next thought was wow...people are starving for good news. I started wondering if I'll be able to give them a newsletter that is up to their expectations. Then I got to thinking, when people are starving, they don't turn down meatloaf and ask for prime rib. There will probably be some people out there that come across my newsletter and turn their nose up at it, but that's okay, I haven't seen their newsletter anywhere.

Honestly, I feel this is my job and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. There's a whole lot of stepping out in faith that I'm having to do, but that's okay too because my prayer's are being answered. When you see how God is working in my life, some of you will decide to step out in faith and start doing your job too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hi Annette and Merry Christmas! Keep on with that Newsletter- I've done that too and need to get back to it. Mine was called SHOUT! and I would put it on the seats of my bus for whoever wanted to take it. People would ask if they could have it. Yup, I've got to get back at that.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 6:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home