Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, December 23, 2005

Day 34: Thinking Like A Servant

Question to Consider: Am I usually more concerned about being served or finding ways to serve others?

Generally, I look for ways to serve others, but in the past it has been for my own gain. Right now, I'm having a really tough time figuring out how to serve others and make a living at it too. Trying to find that line between getting what I need for my family and getting over and above is hard.

It's kind of like when you decide it's time to buy a car, how do you justify spending a fortune on say a Hummer. To solve this problem, my plan is...now that I don't have any money and am in that place in my heart where I speak the truth and won't look back and say that I meant something else when I said that...to pledge a certain percentage to God no matter how much I make. If my church needs money, I hope that I'm the one God will pick to give it. To me it is obvious that when that time comes, he will have shown me exactly where money will come from. One thing I'm sure of is that it will be doing something to serve others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane B said...

My answer reveals where spiritual growth is being challenged right now. QA:Since I see that serving others if doing it for admiration from them could in fact be :being served. Unfortunately I am concerned about being served. However I am trying to quit that. If led to do things that does not generally reap admiration from peers I try harder to do.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 7:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home