Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Day 5: Seeing Life From God's View

Question to Consider: What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Let see...it's hard to pick just one test. Of course too, my mother raised me to know that God is always testing me. Another thing is, how do you determine what is a test and what is an attack by "forces" that are working against us? Maybe that will be a blog for another day.

Yesterday, my husband and I were sitting in the office working. He started telling me what all the girls hadn't done before they left for school that morning. One of them had left the heater on in her room. The other one had left the bathroom a mess and left the light on. Then he went on to tell me everything else that they weren't doing and should be doing. Usually, I get overwhelmed and get a strong urge to pull out my hair thinking what does he expect them to do, change overnight??

Instead of "pleading their case" and clamming up while I listened to him get everything out of his system, we actually devised a plan together to make it so that they have don't have any excuses for not knowing what is expected of them before they leave their rooms, the bathroom and the house. On the computer, I made pretty, colorful signs that says "Before you leave, did you?" and then listed everything we expected them to do before they left, such as "Turn off the heater? Turn off the lights? Pick up after yourself?". On the bottom of the sign it says "I forgot is not an excuse anymore".

Now, not only do I not have to feel responsible for my lack of consistency in teaching them to do simple chores, I don't feel like I have to "plead their case" anymore. I've felt like I was their best excuse for not doing what they should know to do so I felt obligated to take the blame.

I think He entrusts us to take care of even people that He's given us to be part of our lives. I consider my children to be the "greatest matters God has entrusted to me". He gave me all the resources I need to take care of them and to me, in God's eyes, they are probably the greatest responsibility I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home