Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Day 2: You Are Not An Accident

Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

There is really not any area of my personality, background or physical appearance that I'm still struggling to accept. Just recently I had been struggling with my physical appearance, but I finally realized that God accepts me just like I am, there is no reason why I shouldn't accept myself. Don't get me wrong, I would love to lose some weight, but it's not an issue that I'm struggling with because that's not my priority right now. Some how I know that if I focus on the things that are my priorities that my weight will fall in line also.

In the world we live in today so many people take into consideration your background when they decide what kind of person you are. How can you truly judge a person by their background?

At one time, I was also frustrated with accepting my background. In my mind, it was hard for me to function as a person and I blamed it on my background. We are each given a choice, a free will. We don't inherit our conscience from DNA. Through counseling with a psychologist, I was able to accept where I came from and by accepting that I was able to stop struggling with the feeling that I was dealt a bad hand in life. I started taking responsibility for who I was and stopped letting my past determine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home