Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Be Not Rash With Thy Mouth

Ecc 5:2
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter [any] thing before God: for God [is] in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

I was reading Ecclesiastes because I wanted to see the other translation for a verse that was in yesterday's chapter of The Purpose Driven Life. My first thought was oops, because here I've been rambling on when I talk to God. But the verse before this one was talking about when you go into the house of God. So I'm wondering, when Jesus died the veil (or curtain) was torn in two. Didn't that open the communication between us and God so instead of having to wait once a year to talk to God, we could talk to him anytime? I can understand thinking carefully about what you want to say if you could only talk to Him once a year.

For the holidays, we plan and prepare far ahead of time so it will be a "special" time. We don't just throw something together. When I talk to God everyday, I'm just throwing words together, but when I go to church, any church, in my opinion that is "His house" and I guess I do prepare for what I want Him to hear. Usually, it's only a few things that are most important to me. During the week, it's still the important things that I talk to Him about, but it's a bunch of little things too.

My thoughts on this are, because the Bible says
Mat 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Maybe it's because He wants us to have priorities. When we're in His house, we know that He is "in the midst" and we know our priorities are heard. I have no doubt that He hears all my prayers, but I'm having a hard time understanding this so if anyone has insight into this, please share.

Another thing that comes to mind is being a "sweet sound". I'd much rather be heard as someone who isn't whining and complaining all the time. These days I complain and whine less than I use to. Maybe that is what it means? Should Sundays, or whatever day you consider holier than others, be set aside for Him to rest and listen to us worship Him instead of listening to us whine? If that's how it's supposed to be, I can live with that. As long as He keeps His angels around me to protect me from having one more "bad" thing happen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Annette,
I am Gidgit, and I wanted to tell you that it says in 1 John 5:14:
This is the confidence that we have in him, that if you ask anything in his name, he will hear your prayer.

I take that to mean that no matter what as long as I am praying in Jesus name God hears me. Now that doesn't mean that he will always grant that request that I made, but it means he HEARS me!

Also about the One day of the week thing. Yes I think it does matter. We should set aside one day of the week where we STOP whinning and complaining and just WORSHIP.

May God Bless you!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I also think God wants to hear what is on your mind and enjoy conversation with his child. Just as I hear out my children, however, I don't always give in to them. And I do expect them to buck up and take life's punches at times.
I was reading Philippians about 5-6 weeks ago and was struck by this thought: "Do everything without complaining or arguing..." 2:14 I wrote in my Bible, "What do my prayers sound like? Complaining?"

How often I just want everything to go my way and expect my "Daddy" to make it that way. It is so easy to see what is around you and have blinders to the Spritual World around us. Praise God who can see both worlds.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home