Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Monday, November 07, 2005

Unconditional Love, Grace, Forgiveness, Goodness and Mercy

I had sat down to blog earlier this evening and decided I'd read the Bible a little bit before I blogged. Last night and today, I tried to read the Similtudes, and a couple of them I understood, but I'm feeling like my mouth is dry and I'm craving something a little better. I've decided that the title of the book is appropriate "The Lost Books Of The Bible". If they were in the Bible, they wouldn't be "the lost" books. I'm not saying that we shouldn't read them or try to get something out of them. When you read any self-help book, do you not try to get something out of it?

Do you believe the Pastor at your church or the Preacher on TV are inspired by God? Do you read your Bible? Imagine how you would feel if the only thing you did for your spiritual life was listen to was someone preach. After a few days, do you get a feeling like your craving something that you can't put your finger on? Hmmm...I might have just figured out the cure for over-eating! Try reading your Bible everytime you get a craving for something to eat in between meals. Dr. Phil will be wishing that he had said that first!

That's how I feel with this book. I feel like that whoever wrote Hermas, was the child of a prophet, just like you and I. From what I've gathered from others opinions, it was written around 150 A.D.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

God doesn't change. He's the same God that has been all these years. He can still work miracles. We are children of prophets, disciples, crusaders, knights, rebels, tyrants, pharaohs and we are all sinners. We all have the choice to be forgiven and accept God's grace and mercy.

"If Jesus can forgive you, then who am I not to forgive you?" I had to say that to someone just recently. There have been a few people in my life that it's taken almost everything I had and what God gave me to forgive them and the only reason why I was able to is because of God's unconditional love. I knew even though I had gotten myself in the situations I was in, He still loved me. If God can forgive me, then who am I not to forgive myself?

For the longest time I didn't understand unconditional love. When I met my husband, I understood for the first time what it was. You would think having children I would understand it, but that I could ever "not love" my kids was and still is unthinkable.

Exd 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just have to say you are so right !
We all need spiritual water . If we are thirsty let us drink from rivers of living water. The inspired word of God ,The Bible.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 6:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home