Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, November 11, 2005

What Am I Suppose To Do???

Wednesday: Things aren't going so well. Go to church and see if anything changes.

Wednesday night: In the Pastor's sermon he mentioned that if we prepared ourselves before we come to church we would walk in excited instead of expecting to be made excited. Surely that didn't apply to me. Don't I have the right to be depressed and expect God to do something to make it better?

Later Wednesday night: Things have gone from bad to worse. I take a ride in the car and scream, "What am I suppose to do???!!!"

Thursday: I'm exhausted and hurt. The only thing I can think about is how I'm going to fix this.

Later Thursday morning: I gave up trying to fix the problem and told God and everybody, "I give up."

Thursday afternoon: What's that? Is there light at the end of this tunnel? Yes....I believe that is light I see.

Thursday night: WOW. God's better than Allstate. Not only did he restore things back to like they were, He made it even better. Forget Allstate, you're in good hands when you are in God's Hands.

Friday morning: Wake up early and thank God for chilly mornings and a warm husband.

For years my thinking was we are each responsible for ourselves. I thought if I wanted God to bless my family, my whole family needed to be close to God. It would be wonderful if that was the way it was, but you know what, I found out that sometimes for your family to get closer to God, you have to get closer to God first. For me, that involved putting my trust in Him and believing that He cares for my whole family just as much as He cares for me.

Even though my family might not protect themselves from "forces" that are trying to work against us, God will protect my family because He's protecting me. All this time, I thought it was up to me to protect them.

Well, this is my blog for today. I was all worried that I wasn't going to be ready to start reading The Purpose Driven Life tomorrow. More than ever I'm ready now. I realize that when I felt that I should give myself a week to prepare for it that He had some things He wanted to do first to prepare me. One of those things was letting Him tear down what "I" had built so that He could rebuild it.

Please post a comment or send me an email today if you're planning on reading The Purpose Driven Life. Tomorrow night will be Day 1. Are you ready?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needing some inspiration. I'll start it tomorrow too. It's been sitting there for a year.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home