Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Was This An Oops...Was I Meant To Find This?

I'll just tell you how I found it and then you can decide. I wouldn't even be mentioning it had my path to it been a short one.

A couple of nights ago, I decided that it would be interesting to read other people's blogs after I remembered my mom had mentioned the interesting ones she'd come across. So, after typing a couple of words to post and not really being able to think of anything really interesting to blog about, the "Next Blog" button started calling my name. After clicking through a couple, I found an interesting one and was going to comment on one of her posts. Well, after spending what seems like at least 15 to 20 minutes (I wasn't paying attention to the clock) typing my comment, I clicked submit and then watched posting 0%...posting 0%...posting 0%...for what seemed like another 15 to 20 minutes and then finally got ERROR. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in my first experience of commenting on someone else's blog. I thought from now on if I'm going to leave a comment on anybody's blog, it's going to be mine...it's not like anybody else is leaving any comments. During the first few times of watching the little black lines go around and hearing the click that's supposed to mean it's going, (need I mention that at the end of this ordeal it started sounding like my comment was hitting a brick wall everytime I heard it) I was thinking to myself maybe if I start leaving comments for someone else, then people will start leaving comments for me. Anyway, if you've gotten this far in my blog, this is a subtle hint, let me know you read this and if you'd like to be linked to mine, let me know! Regardless, I'll finish my story for you.

Today I decided to give this "Next Blog" thing another try and if I saw a really interesting one, what the heck...I'll leave a comment. Well, I found an interesting one, and right before I hit submit I thought hmmmm....nah, they probably write professionally or something and when they see my little comment...well, let's just not even go there...click the red x. I have no problem talking to someone who is higher in society than I am, as long as I'm not asked to give them my opinion about something I am not an expert at. For some reason, I tend to associate intelligence with money. Actually, it's not so much intelligence, it's where I imagine what their life must be like through their writings. To me, it's like having a cup of coffee with someone at random and finding one and thinking hey, maybe we could do lunch sometime or go shopping, and then finding out...ummm, nah...I'd probably just embarrass myself by saying something like, "You wanna go to Wal-Mart?". Some of you will think think I'm crazy and a few will know exactly how I feel. And I'm sure there's at least a couple that think ewwww...she shops at Wal-Mart??? For those of you who think I'm crazy, you can keep your comments to yourself. It's my issue and I'll choose how I deal with it. Those that thought ewwww...no chance I'm ever giving up Wal-Mart no matter how much money I have.

Earlier this evening, I thought I'd try typing in search words...God..compelled..life. After clicking a few I just typed..compelled..and then clicked Search. I found one that was interesting and then got bored with it after I figured out it was starting to sound more and more like somebody that might seriously have some kind of weird obsessive disorder. So I started clicking Next Blog again. After I'd clicked through a few and read a few, and clicked through a few more and read a few more, I came to a blog that was in Arabic except for the profile. Something about the profile made me think I wonder what they're saying.
So I copied some of the arabic text and Googled...arabic to english free translator. I found it strange that the only free arabic to english translator had started charging for their service. Determined that surely there has to be more than one out there and deciding I'd even settle for a free Farsi translator (I remembered that it wasn't uncommon for things to be written in Farsi from when I babysat for a couple from my church. The dad and his family were from Turkey and he had mentioned it one time. Why he told me this, I don't remember), I saw links that said things like, "Arabic Newspaper In English" and "What Are They Saying About Us?", so I clicked on a link that said I could read the Al Jazerra newspaper in English. And that is how I came across this article. Just click on the headline to read it. If it doesn't come up, just let me know and I'll post another link for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

If those people who say "Ewww" about WalMart actually stayed out of WalMart, there'd be more room for the rest of us!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home