Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Are The End Times Here Yet?

Yes! The End Times have been here for a long time. Someone told me the other day that the Bible is a good story, but not one they cared to read. My question is, how do you know it's such a good story if you haven't read it? I can't stress enough, if you've taken everybody else's word for what the Bible says, you need to read it for yourself.

Luk 21:7
And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign [will there be] when these things shall come to pass?

Luk 21:8
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Could it possibly be saying that many will tell us what this means and what you're supposed to believe. Are this "many" that the Bible talks about different religions and churches?

Luk 21:9
But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end [is] not by and by.

Luk 21:10
Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

Hmmm....isn't hell and damnation preaching meant to scare you? It scares me. Especially when they start spitting. Over the years I have heard these two verses time and time again, but not once do I remember them telling me that I wasn't supposed to be afraid. I remember being told to be very afraid if I didn't listen to the preacher and do what he says or else I'm going to go to hell.

Luk 21:11
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Divers places? The tsuanami was caused by an earthquake under the Indian ocean. Aids, SARS, Dengue fever, and the latest bird flu.
Hurricane Katrian and Hurricane Rita, what more fearful and greater signs do you need?

Luk 21:34
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and [so] that day come upon you unawares.

Depression. We all know there's a pill out there for it. Some people deal with their depression by drinking. Why are we depressed? Well, have you taken a look around why shouldn't we be?

If we'd read the Bible ourselves and quit listening to everybody else tell us what to believe and what's going to happen next, we wouldn't be so obsessed with everything going on in the world.


Luk 21:35
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Fear is trapping the whole world. We lock our doors at night. We hear everyday about drug dealers and murders. We run for shelter and lose our homes because we're down in the French Quarter partying our cares away.

Luk 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

The Bible tells us plain as day that it was going to happen and it tells us what's going to happen. My eyes are open, my heads not in a hole and I'm watching everything that is going on. I pray that I'm considered worthy enough to be spared from being affected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home