Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

New Site and an Update

Yesterday didn't go completely as planned. However, I did manage to get one load of laundry completely done...I think. The grocery store down the street called and asked if I wanted to come work, so I ended up running down there and working for a few hours. I'm still going to do the featured blog, so don't leave before you leave a comment. The featured blog will start this coming Monday.

So here's the rundown.
Smorty sent my payment Sunday night. I wrote 3 articles between the end of the week before and earlier this week and they all were approved. I'm waiting on 3 more articles to get approved and I'll be paid on those this coming Sunday. The only problem I have with Smorty is there's not a wide selection of things to write about, but they do pay better than average so I'm not complaining. As they grow, I'm sure there will be more opportunities. The more bloggers that are working for them, the more advertisers will be attracted to them and so it goes. For right now, I feel pretty confident I can average about $25 a week.

I may have to break down and write about things I'm not so interested in to get in my 3 articles a day limit with PayPerPost. It's okay though. I'm sure there will be good days and a few bad days with them. I just have to keep checking back for new opportunities. They pay 30 days after you submit a post and my first one was submitted at the end of October. I've talked to several other people and they all say they pay so I'm not worried about it. I'll keep writing so in 30 days I'll have a steady drip of income coming in that should average about $20 a day. That will be nice!

The past few days I've had a little bit of writer's block as far as writing articles for Associated Content. However, I did manage to write 3 of them yesterday and submitted them for upfront payment. There is discussion about whether they are trying to lean more towards Performance Pay only, but my experience is that they pay even better for unique articles. If you join AC, make sure you browse their content before submitting anything so you won't be disappointed if they don't offer you an upfront payment. On the other hand, Performance Pay isn't so bad either if you can get people to read your articles. I have a widget I've posted everywhere I can so I can attract readers. See the purple box on my side bar? Clicking on it will take you to my articles that I've written. I haven't figured out what I can average with AC yet, it will have everything to do with "my" performance (how often I write).

I got paid!!! I was holding my breath wondering, but it's true. SharedReviews does pay. Now I need to find more things to review. Of course, I have plenty of stuff and I can even review things I've tried. It's just a matter of sitting down and thinking about it. They pay $2 a review. Once you have 5 approved, they will pay you $10. They pay every Monday. Right now they are in beta status and you can make up to $150. After the full launch I'm sure they will still be paying, but they're not saying how much, but while there's $150 up for grabs, you can be sure I'm going to try to get it!

Now for the new site. Everybody knows how to do somethings that others don't and this site is paying for you to tell others "how to." Ehow.com has just launched and I've been looking at it for over a week now. I even reported some kinks in the system which they've worked out. I've submitted 4 articles and they have all been published. The only thing is your pay is determined by views and possibly ratings. I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but I think it has potential. It doesn't take long to write a how to article and their format is very, very simple to use. So far I've generated a whopping 11 cents, but I haven't been advertising my articles either and I've only written 4. After you accumulate $10 in your account they send you a payment. If you sign up, leave me a comment with your email address so I can add you to my friends list.

Well, I have a few errands to run today, but I am going to try to do 2 loads of laundry and finish cleaning the kitchen. Tomorrow I'm working at the grocery store again so I'm not holding my breath on getting anything done around here as far as housework. Anyways, leave me a comment while I'm gone and I'll be back to post again tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Looney Momâ„¢ said...

Wow. You sure are keeping busy with all these blogging things. I'm so lame; I'd make more money if I actually wrote ANYTHING consistently. I guess I should get busy because I really could use the $!

Thursday, November 08, 2007 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home