Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The First Step

There's probably a million work at home sites on the internet. Of course that's a pure guess. I haven't taken the time to count them. The majority of the ones that I have read seem to lean toward getting rich quick. While I think it's good to have high hopes, I try to keep them realistic. Besides, my aim isn't to get rich. It's simply to pay my bills and God willing, have a little extra to share.

My hope is to give you an honest opinion about working at home by doing what I do which is writing online. It's so easy to get focused on making it work that you can start to lose sight of the other important things going on in your life, such as your family and your home. Odds are you're not going to make a quick million in one night, but if you wait and perservere you might actually start to make a decent income.

The first thing I did was to create a blog. When I first started blogging it was mainly for the purpose of having a diary or journaling. I didn't think of it as a tool to make money, but because that's what this blog has turned into, I'll try to give you my perspective from if I was to start from scratch. So, the first thing you need to do is start a blog. I use blogger because it's free and in my opinion, easy to use.

I think the most important thing to do when starting a blog would be to do it based on one or a couple of interests. You can have as many blogs as you want so I think it's best to have a separate one for your personal blog if that's what you decide to do. Niche blogging, where you blog about one thing instead of a broad range of things, will attract more readers and possibly a better ranking in the search engines. Since I've ressurected this blog, it's been almost like starting from scratch. I've been posting about one general interest which is working at home and so far it's working. I have a few loyal readers! Later on I'd like to start another blog about a different interest. I'm not exactly sure what I will blog about, but I do know that I want it to be unique.

Once you've started your blog, it may be a little while before you can get approved to get paid for blogging or paid to post because they require that your blog be active for so long, be indexed by Google or Yahoo and/or have a page ranking. However, in the meantime you can go and sign up for Associated Content, eHow and Shared Reviews. You can get paid for things you write for their site and also advertise your blog there. Those sites also pay you for page views, so you can advertise the articles you write for them on your blog. This past week my page views on Associated Content went from just under 6,000 views to over 13,000 views.

Well, I'm off to clean my kitchen. I'm doing a video on how to make turkey stuffing for Associated Content and it has to be done today. After that I'm working at the grocery store so I probably won't be posting again until tomorrow. I'm happy to share any knowledge I have, so if you have any questions at all that I can answer, just let me know and I'll try! Leave me a comment while I'm gone if even just to say hello and I'll come visit you and leave you a note to let you know I've been there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home