Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, January 06, 2006

What A Day!

This morning I went and had copies made of the newsletter. We had to go meet with someone about getting this business acquisition finished up. It looks like it will be finalized this week. I will be so glad when this is behind me. My husband wants so bad to take revenge and doesn't understand how I don't feel the same way and can just hand it all over to God. He says that there comes a time when you gotta be for real. He's right and I am for real. We had about a 45 minute drive so I worked on folding the newsletter while he drove.

We had to stop for gas in West Little Rock. Earlier I had stuck about 15 or so of the newsletters in my purse thinking I might be able to leave them at the restaurant we ate at, but there were several free publications there that had stands so I assumed that their policy was you had to have a stand if you wanted to leave your publication. After paying for the gas, I asked the lady if she minded if I left them on the counter and she was more than happy to let me leave them. I am hoping that I'll get some feedback from that area. If I do, I'm going to try to find some locations to be regular drop spots. Hopefully I'll be able to work it out where I can just mail copies and have them put them out on their counter for me, but even if I have to drive there every two weeks it will be worth it! I'm also hoping that some people will print out the newsletter and distribute a few copies here and there in other states/countries. If you do, leave me a comment. Of course, I'll be posting what feedback I get so surprise me if you want!

After a long day, we finally made it back to our own town and I distributed the newsletters to our drop off spots. When we pulled in the driveway I looked around for my purse and realized I had left it at the person's house that we had met with. The phone was in my purse so I couldn't even call to let them know that I knew I'd left it. Anyway, I decided to sit down and check my email before I had to drive all the way back to get it. When I opened my email, it was all junk except for one email. It was from a man that had tracked me down about the newsletter. When I was at the printer earlier today getting copies made, the owner told me that a man had been in there asking about me and she told him where I went to church. The last time I was in there getting copies made of the newsletter, I told her where I went to church.

Last Sunday, the Pastor told me that a man had come by looking for me because of the newsletter. The Assistant Pastor had made a copy of the newsletter and wrote down the man's email address on it. He couldn't figure out who had done the newsletter. If I would have had any concerns about whether or not they had been talking about me I would have been concerned for nothing. Fortunately, I live my life so that even when my kids say things they shouldn't "about Mom", they don't have much to say that can embarrass me. Anyway, back to what I was saying about the man...that Sunday afternoon I sent the man an email. I didn't realize until this morning that he literally tracked me down and this afternoon I found out why.

Mrs. Annette, the only problem was that when I tried to find the address listed it showed several thousand listings and could not locate anything for the Malvern area. Myself and others that I have spoken to about the "Good News" find it to have been a blessing to see the flier. It was truly and simply "good news". On behalf of myself and those that I've spoken to (from different churches), I thank the Lord for guiding you to have done the work of gathering the information, and allowing us to share it. We would also like to know if there will be another issue or not, and like to know all that we can about it. If it is not to much trouble, could you please send me what information you have on it? My church is a new work having only been gathering for about eight or nine weeks. We are a Baptist group. Myself, I'm without a doubt the least of all those that come together, I am just starting to get back to a Christ centered life after more than ten years. So, please understand that I may not be of interest to you. However, I do see and know the joy that was sent to all of us through your flier. May God continue to bless and guide you and the work you do.
-edited out personal information

This makes it all worth it. I sat speechless for a few minutes before I could even tell my husband, "Look!" My heart is overflowing. I know now why the Pastor's that I had asked to write articles fell through, it was so I would put "My Own Story" in the newsletter. It had been over 15 years since I myself recently got back to leading a Christ centered life.

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

-Acts 2:17

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Wow! Reading that gave me goosebumps! I'm going to e-mail you my home address and I will be glad to put some copies of your newsletter on my bus.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home