Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, December 09, 2005

Day 23: How We Grow

Question to Consider: What is one area where I need to stop thinking my way and start thinking God's way?

It's difficult to pick one specific area where I need to stop thinking my way. The weakest area I have in my thinking is my being naive. Sometimes, almost like that as a child. Now that I'm an adult, I want to put away my childish thinking. That is the only way I can continue to grow spiritually.

Everything in our world has a positive and a negative side. Anything can be carried from one extreme to another, depending on the carrier. What some see as good, can be seen as evil from someone else's perspective. I think of it as two people, standing with their backs to each other looking through telescopes in opposite directions. One looking towards the extreme end of positivity and seeing light. The other looking towards the extreme end of negativity and seeing total darkness.

Pro 4:18
But the path of the just [is] as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Pro 4:19
The way of the wicked [is] as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
As children, our sight towards each extreme goes only so far. As adults, depending on how much as a child we learned, listened and experienced, we can see the extremes of things to varying degrees. Sometimes when it seems like we are in total darkness, if we just turn around and look towards the light, we will be given hope and see goodness. I want to start seeing things from an adult's perspective.
1Cr 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home