Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Click Here For The Full Post

From the blog Truefaced...

It is in hope that as I stand and refuse to go back to my old room of pleasing
God but stay in this new room of trusting God , my flesh will someday drop off.
It is happening. However, all of my flesh is not gone yet. So I caution others ,
do not look to me, but look to the author and the finisher of our faith. For I
am but an encourager to aid you in your travel.

He alone is the one who
can give you strength. He alone is all you need. You do not need me. However, I
need Him. If it is His desire for me to encourage you as you read Truefaced
Experience then I will trust and obey the best I can. This book has been an
encouragement to me to attempt to overcome my fears of being myself and trusting
in our Lord's love.

However I am sure that just like any book written,
other than the Bible, there are mistakes. My admonition here is that we look not
to the writers of books for anything other than encouragement. Let us look to
the Bible for the Way we are to go.

Very well said!

Psa 143:1 [[A Psalm of David.]]
Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer
me, [and] in thy righteousness.

Psa 143:2 And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

Psa 143:3 For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

Psa 143:4 Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.

Psa 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

Psa 143:6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul [thirsteth] after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

Psa 143:7 Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.

Psa 143:8 Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

Psa 143:9 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.

Psa 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou [art] my God: thy spirit [is] good; lead
me into the land of uprightness.
Psa 143:11 Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.

Psa 143:12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I [am] thy servant.
King David felt the same thing I did. If one man felt this years ago and several of us are feeling the same way now, could this not be the "labor pains" that are described in the Bible? He described my feelings word for word. In verse 6, it ends with Selah.

The word "selah" (for example, in Psalms 3:3) is pronounced with the emphasis on
the first syllable.
The Talmud (Eruvin 54a) says it means "forever." The
Radak (12th century France) saw it as a musical notation for the singers to
raise their voices. And Ibn Ezra (12th century Spain) understood it to mean
"true and certain."
Finally, Samson Raphael Hirsch (19th century Germany)
explains that typically "selah" remains untranslated because it has no intrinsic
meaning. Rather, it is poetic and adds extra emphasis. -The Aish Rabbi
I believe that was what David longed for the most. Out of everything he was going through, that was the prayer he wanted answered first.

1Sa 30:6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

In the times that we are living now, God knew it would be hard for us to stay encouraged, that's why Jesus tells us to encourage each other daily. Spread His Word, lead others to Christ, baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and encourage each other daily.

Ecc 4:10
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him [that is] alone when he falleth; for [he hath] not another to help him up.
In the times that we are in, if we save someone, but fail to encourage them to grow, they are more likely to go back to the way they lived before. The longer one of us goes without being encouraged, the less likely we will be to continue to draw closer to God. What good is it to save 1 unbeliever, when you could have saved 1 believer from turning away from God? I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to save souls, but if you're not saving souls full-time, you might try spending just as much time encouraging another believer as you spend soul-winning.

I don't dedicate a certain amount of time just to go soul winning. Actually, I don't spend any time going soul winning. That's not to say that I don't try to save souls. I try everyday to save souls that need to be reawakened and at the same time I encourage other believers and hopefully keep them from losing sight of the way there are to go. Sometimes even believers can be lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home