Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Day 22: Created To Become Like Christ

Question to Consider: In what area of my life do I need to ask for the Spirit's power to be like Christ today?

When I start looking at my life to answer this question, I think about all the things that I want to change. It's hard to understand how this isn't about what I want, but about what God wants.

The desire to be like Christ comes from within us. Salvation is a simple thing to achieve. Being like Christ takes an effort, but by being like Christ we don't stay stuck on our knees at the cross begging for forgiveness. The cross is only the beginning of where our spiritual journey starts.

Peter was fleeing from Rome when he saw the Lord and asked where He was going. Jesus told him that he was going to Rome to be crucified again. Peter then returned to Rome where they crucified him. In my pursuit to become more like Christ, I will remind myself that I'm not living this life alone. What is done to me is also done to Him.

In 2 Peter, it says "To those who through the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:"

My faith is precious. Precious meaning of great value, beyond price, cherished, regarded with much love. My faith is not something to be taken for granted. I've had to learn and strive to gain knowledge. Some of us do take our faith for granted. We set it aside because we haven't realized the value in learning how to be more like Christ.

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness
through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that
through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption
in the world caused by evil desires.
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and
to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control,
perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly
kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these
qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and
unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
-2 Peter 1:3-8

I will continue to make every effort to add the qualities of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love to my faith in increasing measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home