Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Sunday, November 20, 2005

I wanted to blog about holding grudges, having resentment, needing approval and being bitter. As I was trying to find in the Bible where it tells what happens to you if you're one of these kind of people, I came across 1 Corinthians 13. It's probably one of those chapters that even if you've never memorized a verse in your life, you know this one almost by heart...not just the verse, the whole chapter.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boat, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always preserves.
Love never fails...


But then I read down to 1 Corinthians 14. Earlier tonight I thought I'd gotten confirmation on everything I've been feeling all week and things that have been happening, but once again God has reminded me, He will give me confirmation when I feel I need it. I just have to ask Him for it. And once again, it's not about me. When I feel the Holy Spirit leading me to do something, I do it to the very best of my ability and I'm amazed and awed everytime at how He's used me. He even awes me by what He's teaching me and how He's teaching me.

As I'm sitting here and typing this blog, my phone has rang and I smile knowing exactly what the enemy is trying to do....make the same mistake twice. Not this time!


Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit. But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort.
- 1 Corninthians 14:1-3

Tonight I knew that the Holy Spirit spoke through me and it was confirmed for me by speaking to someone else and telling them what happened. Then it was confirmed to me by the scripture. Then my phone rang and I was told that yes, it definitely was the Holy Spirit, but then their phone rang and the person I spoke to was told that everything I said was "a lie". It's a struggle when the enemy uses your own family against you, but I saw through it and realized it was the enemy using someone who can be easily persuaded to say anything to get me to think that God wasn't going to win. I almost let myself feel like everything that God had done, the enemy had torn apart.

Fortunately, I also listened when the Holy Spirit led me to make a phone call myself. The person on the other end told me about a story they had read in the Bible and what it meant to them, which was totally unrelated to the reason why I had called them in the first place. I made the comment that I was so glad I'd called because we need to be encouraged daily and I feel encouraged now. Little did I know that not even an hour later my phone would ring and it was that story that kept me from falling for the enemy's tricks.

The enemy, Satan, dark forces, evil spirits, the devil, whatever you want to call it, works through people who are lukewarm. People that don't know what they believe or question their faith or just quite frankly don't care if they're going to hell or not as long as they have fun on the way there, they are the people that are easily persuaded. Read the book of Jude. I knew when I heard the words "she lied" that was the enemy. Read Psalms 56.

Even though I'm protected and can't be touched, the enemy can try to get me to lose my faith. God is so much stronger than the enemy. I've put on my spiritual armor and I'm standing my ground. My faith will not waiver. I cannot be deceived because I know what God has promised me. He will give me the strength, the knowledge and the courage to stand my ground.

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed;
perplexed, but not in despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed.
-2 Corinthians 4:8-9

It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
-2 Corinthians 4:13-15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home