Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Day 7:The Reason For Everything

Question to Consider: Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God's glory?

Daily routine?! Are we suppose to have one of those? A couple of years ago, I started trying to have a daily routine. My aunt sent me to the Flylady website. To this day, I still haven't quite managed to stick with the program. However, I have managed for a while on a daily basis to worship, pray, read the Bible, read The Purpose Driven Life, and blog. Just by doing those few things, I'm starting to become more aware of God's glory.

If you've been reading The Purpose Driven Life with me, you'll know that it says God's glory is found when we worship Him, when we talk to others about Him and when we live for Him, as well as several other ways. When I started reading this chapter, I was wondering where God's glory was in my life. Funny how sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Since I started reading this book, usually my husband and I read a chapter at night and then I re-read it again the next morning before I blog. At first, it was easy to answer the questions and instead of going to sleep, I would come in here to my computer and blog. I was anxious and excited to finally take a step in the direction of finding out what my purpose in life is. As we're getting more into the book, I've had to "ponder" more on what I've read or "sleep on it".

Yesterday, I found the verse that I posted about rejoicing. I had prayed about something...the down on my knees, "this is really important God" prayers. Because it had been so long since I'd prayed like that (now you all know just how human I am), I had flipped to the back of my Bible where it had verses to read "when you desire to learn how to pray". The hardest part about the whole process was believing that now that I had told him what I need to believe that it is done, so I posted that verse to remind me to rejoice, my prayer had been answered. By the way, it was answered....that very day.

The verse also says "Do not be anxious about anything." Anything? Anything. Sometimes when we pray it's because we are anxious about something. If we take a deep breath and step back for a second, we might see that our prayer had already been answered before we even prayed, we were anxious and almost missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home