Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Day 8: Planned For God's Pleasure

Question to Consider: What common task could I start doing as if I were doing it directly for Jesus?

This chapter answered questions that I didn't even know I had. Actually, maybe I'm just able to see things more clearly than I have been able to before. I have new understanding of what "worship" is. It's not just songs and music or bowing down in prayer, everything can be worship. The saying "she worships the ground he walks on" comes to mind. If it's saying that she is thanking the ground for being there for him to walk on, then everything we do can be worship to God. We can worship him by being grateful for everything we see and touch because we are reminded that because of Him, we have those things.

By taking advantage of the tools and gifts that He's given us, when we use them for His purpose, we are worshipping Him. If I would stop to think do this for God's pleasure, then that is worship. Even with cleaning my house. Instead of cleaning it for myself or for my family, if I started doing it for God then it would be much more enjoyable and my family would benefit. There are lots of things I thought I was doing for myself or for other people with the hope that they would be blessed, but I never thought of it as doing it for God. I realize that I can do everything that I do for God. Not only are the results the same, but they're even better. Working, taking care of my dogs, taking care of my kids, grocery shopping, going to church, taking care of my husband, reading, learning, blogging, EVERYTHING I do can be done for Jesus.

And I thought it would be hard to be a good Christian. With everything I'm learning, there's nothing hard about it. It's so much more rewarding living my life as a child of God than any other way. I have meaning in my life, I have purpose. I'm bringing pleasure to God who I will live with, dance with, sing with, talk to and treasure for all eternity. The best thing is I don't have to wait until then. I can feel His presence now, but one day I will see His face. I don't know about you, but when I get to see Him for the first time, I hope I see His arms open wide when He sees me come running to Him and He'll be crying tears of joy, because His child has come home to be with Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home