Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Monday, November 21, 2005

Day 9: What Makes God Smile?

Question to Consider: Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?

Another answer I can make short and sweet....but surely if you've been reading my blog, then you know I don't usually keep any of my posts short. I need to trust God most in EVERYTHING. If I would have hesitated just 2 seconds in making a phone call last night, the timing of everything that happened after that would have been wrong and it wouldn't have worked out. Everything God had planned for me today wouldn't have worked out the way it did.
This chapter said that hesitation is the same as disobedience. It gave the example of a child being told what to do and you, as a parent having to tell them again. My prayer all day today was don't let my lack of faith keep you from working through me.

When I started reading this book, I wondered how you could remember to do all these things to keep God happy and smiling down on you. Remember the simple test a while back? I've become obsessed with pleasing God. Every minute of my day today was spent asking Him for direction, thanking Him for what He was doing, WORSHIPING Him all day. That's not the hard part. The hard part is trusting.

If you don't trust, then you hesitate. I imagine a scene in a movie with someone having to make a split decision to jump to a waiting rescuer or die. It's easy to make that kind of decision when you're going by a script. Life is much harder. I'm constantly battling doubt, but I remind myself what it was that I was doing wrong when I remember the times that made me decide to start doubting. Maybe it's a reverse process of trying to take my spirit back to before I started doubting. I'm hoping I don't have much further to go before there is no doubt in me at all. Constantly, I remind myself that I might not have much more time before I need to be the person who has no doubt in me at all.

Many are here already claiming that the our Jesus. We've heard the yahoos in the news over the past several years, like David Koresh in Waco, Texas who had over 100 followers. Jim Jones who killed 912 people in Jonestown, Guyana, reportedly had over 8,000 followers in the United States at one time. Did you know there are people in other countries who proclaim themselves as Christ and have over 100,000 followers?

Are people really that gullible? Think about it though...shouldn't it be extremely hard to deceive 100 people who call themselves Christians. That's 100 people that you and I didn't get a chance to tell the truth. How many people do we talk to everyday that could be deceived because we were too embarrassed to speak up and say I know a better way or even because we were too embarrassed to "act different".

Not too long ago, I was so afraid of my kids hating me or my husband leaving me. Because I trusted God, my whole family has come closer to God and our relationship as a family and to each other have all become stronger. God doesn't want to see us fail. Most everything in my life brings Him pleasure. He won't let something that pleases Him be destroyed as long as I trust Him. If I doubt for even a moment, I open up a weakness...an angle where I can be attacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home