Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Day 30: Shaped for Serving God

Question to Consider: In what way can I see myself passionately serving others and loving it?

I love to tell others what God is doing in my life. I'm passionate about writing, whether it be blogging or writing music. Until just recently, I've come to understand that the reason why I am so passionate about writing about what God is doing for me is because not only am I letting others know so they can have some hope in their life, but it was something that I would need for myself to remind me of how much God has done for me. When everything around me seems dark and I feel like I should be in despair...when I'm leaning towards believing that God has forsaken me, I look back and I'm happy because I know the truth. God's hand is on my life. God will take what looks like grief and despair and others will know my God...MY FATHER is ALIVE! He will take care of me. Even when circumstances would tell you that "this is bad", I can shake my head and say No! This is good!

A couple of years ago, anyone who looked at where I was would say that my future looked very bright. There was no way that I could fail and I should be very rich. At that time, I had started a business and it had taken off. For the first time, I was able to go buy my kids things that I couldn't afford before. I could take my family out to eat without counting to see if there would be money left over to pay the bills. In my eyes, things could only get better. Little did I know that I would be sitting here today, happy...really happy and rich. This week I will be completing the final process of giving my business to someone else. Notice I said "giving", not selling. I have just enough money in the bank to pay the bills that are due today and put food on the table today. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I'm happy because God knows what is in store for me tomorrow. He knows what I need and he's already taken care of it.

I am more excited today than the day I started my business. When God closes one door, he always opens another. I may not know what it is exactly what He has in store for me, but I know it's going to be exactly what He wants me to do and whatever it is will be something I enjoy, something I'm passionate about and it will provide for my family. The only reason why I know this is because I prepared my heart for this day. It took many months searching and several heartaches and struggles to get me here, but because I gave up controlling my life and surrendered it to God, I am ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane B said...

I know when you started blogging about this book it was your hope that others would read along with you and share their answers to the questions. You are out shining us all. I am sure I speak for all of us who are hearing of your current struggles. Yet if we surrender to the Lord as you have and are, we to have the hope that come our turn for trials that we to will shine.My QA: Teaching life lessons is my passion. Such as practical applications of guarding our hearts and when it okay to say no.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home