Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Why Would They Lie To Us About God?

I've finished reading the book Angels & Demons by Dan Brown and more recently I've watched the movie The exorcism of Emily Rose. I'm wondering if somebody's not telling us everything.

For years when I was younger I was in church every Sunday morning, every Sunday night, every Wednesday Night and we even had family fellowship that we attended one night during the week. Depending on whose group you were in determined which night you went, from what I remember anyway. One thing I recall now and I can't say for fact that this is the case, but it seems to me that the reason you would quit going to one group and going to another was because you didn't see eye to eye with what the host of the fellowship group believed. I could be wrong, but I do seem to remember the church splitting later because of the fact a great number of church members saw things differently than the church. My family was one of those that split.

I'm in awe of how so many people, myself included, have found it so easy to just agree with what someone, like a pastor of a church, and believe what he says because he says it's so. That's not to say that I think pastors and preachers are lying to us, I'm simply saying that maybe they should be saying a little louder, "Don't take my word for it, read your Bible." Personally, I don't want to be responsible for anyone's fate other than my own. I wouldn't want to convince masses of people to believe like I do and then meet God and find out I was wrong. I strongly encourage you to decide for yourself what to believe and don't let anyone influence you.

I wonder who's idea it was to lie to us. In reading the book Angels & Demons it seems that we would have to go back ages and ages to find the true answer to that question. At this point, I don't think that finding the answer to that is the priority. Besides I imagine that could lead to a total break down of the church and religion in general. As it is they're slowly losing their credibility themselves because of their own actions. My only wish is that they would quit lying and tell us the truth. If they are hiding documents, they need to show them to us.

I've realized for so long I've taken everyone's word for what the Bible says. Yes, I've followed along in reading it straight out of the Bible while the pastor preached. I read it and then I listened to what he said it meant and then I assumed he was correct and didn't give it a second thought. Especially when he was talking about the lady that was being stoned because she was a prostitute. Did you know that I can't find anywhere in the Bible that uses the word prostitute except for one verse. Lev 19:29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

If pastors, preachers and priests have been lying to us or adding on to the stories with their own words, they shouldn't be totally to blame. That's how they were taught and that's what they knew to teach us. I just pray that their eyes become open like mine. We should all take a second look at what we've been taught and compare it with what is in the Bible.

I've heard some people question the Bible's authenticity, but for myself I've found that there are no lies in the Bible. You might not be able to prove anything that's in there, but you cannot disprove it either. For those of you who have seen the stories on the Bible Code, yes, I think there is a code in the Bible. I'll talk about that in one of my future blogs.

Back to my question. Maybe they were afraid they would lose control of us. If that's the case I think that's an issue they don't have to worry about anymore. They are losing control of people. Obviously people are going to rebel if you try to control them. Some have rebeled to the point that they say they don't believe there is a God. I just wonder why they, whoever they may be, didn't think of that first. Or maybe the answer is they were trying to be God. Well, we all heard what happened the last time somebody tried that. I'm going to go research that right now and see if that's what really happened. You can look for my findings on a future post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home