Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Need Your Help!!!

Okay, here's the deal. Today, it finally hit me and I caught it!! (for the full meaning of this, read yesterday's post) Well, God gave me a mission and you are part of it! I need your help being part of a sales pitch and please feel comfortable answering honestly. Depending on what you say, I may or may not go through with this...yikes. Well, so maybe there's a Plan B waiting in the wings just in case this one goes badly wrong. Anyway, like I said before here's the deal...

Most of you that are regular readers of my blog know that I feel God has called me to publish a magazine in my community and possibly on a larger degree in the future. He's probably just waiting on me to hurry up and start handling different things well enough to get that far! If this is your first time reading this blog, don't worry about catching up on the story because the short of it is...God has called me to publish a magazine in my community. So far I've thought I needed money to get this to happen and I have to some degree, but it's always been there right when I needed it in just the right amount. God keeps telling me that His part is to worry about the money, but I keep wanting to worry about it anyway. Every time I finally give up, and sometimes even when I don't, and let Him worry about it, whatever it was that I needed whether it was money or what I needed that could be used or had at no charge. He's been faithful to me, and I know that He will continue to be because no matter what I do, when all is said and done, the only thing that remains is my purpose fulfilled or not.

In the course of developing this magazine, I started getting quotes from different printers. The printer in town, where I had been going to get copies made of the newsletter, had referred me to a printing company about 30 minutes from here. She told me that he specialized in printing church materials and was sure he could give me a good price on doing my magazine. That afternoon I got a really good quote from a printer out of state and then a couple of days later it started looking like I was going to have to put the plans for a magazine on hold for a little while. Needless to say, I ended up losing the card that I'd wrote the information down on for this other printer. Finally, I realized that if God says He's going to do something, then He's going to do it. It may not be on our timeline, but whose to say that it won't be? If God provides the money I need on the day that I need to send my files to the printer and I don't have the files ready, then whose fault is that? Sometimes I'm still a little slow, but the good thing is I'm learning quick and I'm remembering my lessons longer!

Well, I didn't wait till the last minute this time. I started working on the magazine and it's almost ready to go to the printer. Once I knew my heart and my spirit were right, doors started flying open for me to pack this magazine full of stories. Actually, I'm very glad I'm not having to hold to my deadline because there are a couple of stories that I really, really want in this issue. It may be a couple of days beyond my deadline, but I know that it's okay, because it's just a goal to work towards until I reach it or another one takes it's place in priority. If we'd quit looking at it in man's terms of a certain day or hour and started looking at in God's terms of when it's time. He trusts us to do our part and we want to whine and say you first and all He's trying to do is say lets do this together.

Here I am talking about Him trusting me to do this sales pitch (my part) and I'm rambling on. Okay, lets catch you up...magazine needs to be printed, printer specializes in printing church materials, publisher needs a miracle...lol. My co-publisher and I talked today and decided that we want and can put this magazine in most every church in our community. Once I learn how to saturate my own community, then hopefully God will let me bless your community. I guarantee it won't take near as long as it's taking me to figure out how to do it for my own community. It's so hard once you get up and running to not want to start taking two steps at a time instead of just one. Last night was probably the first time that I only fell back one step. It kind of surprised me because I was expecting to tumble down at least a few.

Okay, on with the sales pitch...if I get several copies of this magazine in every church, at least ONE for EACH member, would it not be beneficial for the printer to advertise on the inside covers of the magazine in exchange for printing the magazine for me? Now here's where you become involved, regular readers or if your somebody who is visiting for the first time. Check me out, you are welcome to read every issue I've published before (there on my sidebar) and also every article I've ever posted (there on the other sidebar). That's me...the real me. I know you don't know the printer, but from what I've seen of his work, and heard about him, he does an awesome job and is a good man...and I'm not just saying that. It's the honest truth and the person that told me that and showed me his work will verify it. So, if you wouldn't mind sharing your opinion...if you were the printer what would you say?

8 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

I posted something on my blog.
actually it was the e-mail from you.
I feel if the publishers ad is in good tatse I feel it will be okay.
You need to okay the ad first.
God will show you the way.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

It sure can't hurt to ask and to see what kinds of ads would be used. By the way- I e-mailed Pat Givens about you wanting to put her testimony in your magazine, also gave her your e-mail and blog address so she can get in touch with you.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

The ad would be advertising for the printer, in hopes that the churches would use that printer for their printing needs.

Thursday, February 09, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that what you are doing is to help bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to non-believers, as you've done by placing newslettes in public places, and to help believers faith be strengthened by allowing them to read stories by other believers' struggles and how God truly does help when you call on him.
For as many people as you are reaching and plan to reach, this is an extremely awesome and valuable advertising deal for any printer. Not only is the community seeing the ads, but the businesses that you place the newsletters in, whom evidently support the mission God has given to you, will also see the ads. The printer is seen by business owners and the community, and the newsletter is proof of the printer's workmanship.
The more copies that the printer prints, the more people will see the ads, but most importantly, the more people who will learn and be strengthened by the inspirations from God. The blessings from God for helping the Gospel be spread will be for eternity. That is worth even more than the money that can be made in this worldly life.

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Diane B said...

I agree with Mary Kathryn , also giving Christians an opportunity to share their faith and testimonies is a ministry in itself. For every time one Christian shares the good news, taking the bushel off the light Jesus has put in him, his light will surely become brighter and brighter.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

Hmmmm... If I were a PRINTER...you'd have to convince me with cost effectiveness.

Bottom line: dollar investment and dollar return.

Run the demographics... add the average # church attendance- (x) by the average number of family members the mag may be shared with.... that gives a total of (x) number of advertising hits for their investment.

I'd take it a step further- and research his printing cost- then compare to ad dollar he's recieving in the above figures......

If you showed me the benefit for me--- I'd do it.

(- I've also met Godly- missions oriented printers who would see this as a mission- and write the whole thing off- with just a mention....personally- aside from the business approach- I'll be praying that God provides- in an awesome and miraculous way.)

I recently had a "dream of my heart" moment with God--- my first article published in a magazine... I understand the desire- to do what God calls you too. I believe if God placed this dream in your heart- He'll complete it...;)

Inside cover space is valuable/prime ad commodity--- sell it sistah!
ts

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

Follow up comment--- the printer isn't thinking big enough. His goal shouldn't JUST be advertising to the churches... but the MEMBERS--- how many small business owners may he be having visibility with?????

And other printing jobs---even if you aren't a business owner--- you may be the "copy queen- or king" for your office--- and have the power- or influence to choose your resources. LIKE your PRINTER you saw advertising at your church;)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

I would have thought the printers, especially the ones who professed to be God fearing, would have thought the same way, but they didn't. I even got a quote from one for $2600, but they didn't want to write it off for prime back cover advertising space...oh well, God hasn't taken the dream away yet. I think He's just put it on hold for a little while.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home