Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Attention ALL Women!

We're having a prayer meeting tonight and tomorrow night. Ya'll are more than welcome to come. It doesn't matter to me where you go to church or if you go at all. It's not affiliated with any church and I'm not a teacher or a preacher, we're just getting together to pray and we'd love for you to come.

Okay, so I realize you're probably many, many miles away, but you can still pray with us. Actually, you could hold a prayer meeting too. If you need ideas or suggestions on getting it started, either click on the button on the sidebar to chat with me or email me at hopeandlove@cox-internet.com

Today as I was sitting in my car waiting for the office to open to pick up the key to the room I'm going to be using to hold the prayer meeting, I picked up my Bible. Somebody asked me once if I would swear on the Bible. My husband said, "she carries her Bible with her everywhere" and I said, "well, you never know when it will come in handy." Needless to say, I was taken at my word and have since pulled out my Bible on several occassions when it definitely came in handy. Anyway, as I was sitting there with about 10 minutes to fill, I pulled my Bible out of my purse and said, "Lord, I know to some it may look like close your eyes and pick a scripture, but only You know what it is I need to read, so You direct my fingers to the right page." I opened my Bible to Matthew. The top of the page started with Matthew 21:28 and that's where I started reading all the way to Matthew 22:14.

I looked up and noticed that the ladies had returned to the office and went in to pick up the key. Before I left I let them know that they are more than welcome to come and join us. After that, I stopped at a couple of different places running errands and just about every woman I saw, whether I knew them in passing or not, I let them know about the prayer meeting and invited them to come, very similar to my invitation to you at the beginning of this blog. All of them...all of them, seemed to sincerely appreciate me inviting them.

I haven't a clue if any of them will come, but that's not the point. The point is sometimes we just assume they don't want what we have to offer them or we forget to ask or offer the opportunity. The most sad point of all is that we are selective with who we give the opportunity.
...go out into the streets and invite everyone you can find, both good and bad...
(from Matthew 22:8)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hope the prayer meeting went well and that it becomes a huge success. Have to tell you though that I laughed when you told about pointing to the right Scripture because I heard a funny story about that just the other day- a man had a habit of opening his Bible and stabbing his finger blindly onto a verse and whatever it was, that was his verse for the day. Well, he did this one morning and the verse he landed on stated,"and Judas went and hung himself..." The man didn't much care for that one so he stabbed his finger onto yet another verse- even worse, this time the verse read "go and do likewise."

Friday, February 03, 2006 6:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know some people knock that just blindly open the Bible idea but it has helped me more than once. Always pray about what you read and ask the Holy Spirit what it means. If you approach the Lord as a little child He is sure to teach you things you did not know. It could be that guy (if such a guy exsisted) needed to die to self. We all need to do that. The Friday night meeting was a huge success. Those who attended really loved the Lord and had a desire to see themselves as He sees them. It was awesome to hear prayers of faith voiced on our behalfs. For all of you who missed it, don't worry. try to come this next week.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning:

I just wanted to let you know that I accepted your bid for my BLOGExplosion billboard. I have to run some errands now but tomorrow morning I'll write up a nice welcome post.

I've never seen your BLOG before and I'm happy to be reading it now. You're a good fit as a renter. I hope that you get a large number of visitors from mine.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home