Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Day 27: Defeating Temptation

Question to Consider: Who could I ask to be a spiritual partner to help me defeat a persistent temptation by praying for me?

There are some people that you know who seem to have a direct connection to God. Whenever you have a serious problem, if you call and ask them to pray, you know you'll have your answer right away. My mother is one of those people. My Pastor's mother is one of those people too. Today my eyes were uncovered and I saw exactly what trouble was surrounding me that I had no clue I would ever have to face. The only thing that came to my mind was call your mother and call the Pastor's mother and ask them both to pray for me. Within an hour or so, I had my answer as to what I was supposed to do.

Somehow I knew the Holy Spirit was trying to tell me to keep strengthening my faith because I was going to need it. The song I wrote, I knew I had to finish it yesterday because I was going to need it today. I had no idea how right I would be. God knew that something was going to happen today that would have devastated me had I not been ready. Yesterday, I kept feeling that what I thought was trouble was nothing God couldn't handle and I was right, but little did I know how small what I thought was trouble was. Today, I am amazed at just how big my God is. I'm amazed at how he prepared me for me reaction today so that not only will I be okay, but I'm willing to let Him use my trouble to show others how big and amazing my God is.

For every problem I saw confronting me, God showed me how he had already prepared me to handle it. I must have spent an hour or more thinking about everything that He had already done that led up to that very moment...down to the tiniest things I did or said because I obeyed without questioning why.

The most comforting thing for me is that I know God knows my heart. I know that what has happened is not something He allowed to happen, but if I had not been faithful and trusting, how easily I could have blamed this on Him. It's really the most fascinating feeling to know that He's proud of me because I listened to Him and prepared myself for this time. I've been repeatedly reading scripture that says "Rejoice in your trouble. Rejoice in your trouble." Yesterday, I thought...this is easy to rejoice in because God's going to take care of it. Today, I'm thinking...this is the trouble you want me to rejoice in?? How could you expect anyone to rejoice in this kind of trouble??

While I was being prayed for this afternoon, my spirit was comforted with these words.

Be still and know that I am God. I didn't bring this trouble on you, nor did you bring this trouble on yourself. My own heart ached for you because I knew you would come to this place and I wanted so much for you to be prepared. Because I see your heart and I know you trust Me with all your heart, REJOICE because I am here and will comfort you. REJOICE because you have allowed Me to show My hand is at work. REJOICE because a miracle is coming.

I have spent time reading my Bible and praying everyday in the past month more than anything else. For every minute I spent talking to someone, I spent two minutes talking to God. For every minute I spent reading an email or a book, I spent two minutes reading the Bible. If you are not reading the Bible everyday, I encourage you to start. Satan will try to attack you by convincing other people that you are fully aware of something that you're not. It was not until someone came and talked to me that they realized that Satan had been lying to them about me, because the word of God, the truth, came out of my mouth.

Just yesterday, I realized that losing my temper was a problem. Had I not quickly learned that I needed to control my temper, I could have made things worse. When you start looking at your life from God's perspective and see even small things in your life that you think you can work on later, you might want to consider working on them now so that when you are faced with situations you thought you would never face, you'll be prepared. I could have easily lost my temper and they would have been convinced that the lies Satan had made them think were true.

There is no doubt in my mind had I not been prepared, I would not be able to handle the problems I'm facing today and God would have protected me. But I am able to rejoice because He is going to work a miracle in my life. He is going to take what Satan has done to me and use it for His glory because I refuse to let Satan win. I have put on my spiritual armor and all I have to do is stand my ground. I am not strong enough to fight, but He has given me the strength to stand.

Eph 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Jam 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home