Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, November 26, 2005

One More Post For Now Then I Need To Get Busy

One of the things that I read in the book The Purpose Driven Life:

God says, "If any want to boast, they should boast that they know and understand me...These are the things that please me."

I'm working on letting God be in control...even when I think that I can "help Him out". When will I ever understand that He can do things on His own without ANY help from me? Ummm...I'm starting to understand now because He's decided to give me a little more understanding.

From the time I was little, it's stuck with me that God will give me the desires of my heart. When we use our talents, that His given us, to show Him how much we love Him, He is pleased. A while back...two or three years ago...I had a keyboard (the piano kind, not the computer kind) that I sold because we needed the money. Needless to say, hindsight is always better than foresight, I would have done better if I'd have just trusted God to give me the $40 I got for my keyboard.

I mentioned to my husband the other day that I would love to have another keyboard. After reading in this book that one of the ways we can worship God is by using our talents, I was sorry that I had sold my keyboard. My talent for playing was definitely God-given and I've known that from the day that I started playing. Anyway, I've always thought that if I let everyone know the desires of my heart, that would insure that I would get the desires of my heart.

Today, my neighbors, who have spent this week moving from their 2-bedroom house next door into a 1-bedroom apartment, asked if they could store their piano (they didn't know how long) in our carport and cover it with a tarp. My heart jumped...I have to admit my first thought was cool, I can go outside and play it...then I came back to my senses and said, "do you mind if we store it inside? Will it fit right there?" His wife, who will be here waiting for him to come back from boot camp, also plays the piano and will still be able to enjoy playing it while they are sharing it with me.

Now I've got to go get busy making a spot for the piano I'll be getting tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Beason said...

Just wanted to let you know that something even better happened, they GAVE me the piano....I just have to find a couple of men to help my hubby move it...lol.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home