Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, November 25, 2005

Day 13: Worship That Pleases God

Question to Consider: Which is more pleasing to God right now-my public worship or my private worship? What will I do about this?

Point to Ponder: God wants all of me. Read the blog below this one.

In answer to the question to consider, my public and private worship is pleasing to him, but I can make improvements with both. As I learn, more about Him, at times I feel bad because I didn't know before now that's what He really wanted. He's not desperate for our attention. I've heard several people say that the natural disasters and everything going on in the world today is God trying to get "a city's" attention. Are we that naive to think that He's trying to get our attention because he's desperate for believers? That's another blog...

Needless to say, I got over that feeling real quick because God isn't desperate. He's not going to beg for my attention. When I willingly give Him my attention and when I make the effort to find out what He really likes, that He loves. This chapter mentioned the book Sacred Pathways. I'd like to explore the nine ways people draw near to God, because if that will draw me nearer to Him, that's what I long for. From the categories it mentioned, I can see myself being a little of a few of those kind of people, but that's what makes me, ME!

The other day I was praying and I remembered the feeling I had that day. I said, "Lord, if this is the way you want me to pray, then I will pray this way". I lifted my hands up and said, "I don't know if I'm facing the right direction, but you know I'm honestly trying to give you what you want from me and that makes you happy".

Even if I'm not called to be a missionary overseas, I'm starting to think about everything I do as if working myself towards that goal. Like I said though, if I keep my focus on that then I'm able for everything I do to be as doing it for God without even having to think about it. God knows what He has planned for me, even if that's not in His plan, I'll still be putting myself in a position to do whatever He asks of me.

I remember feeling this same way when I started my business. Work on it like you're building something that you can sell for when the time comes. Well, it worked out well until I thought I could make it bigger and better on my own. He gave, as long as I was running my business with my focus on doing it for Him. When my focus shifted on what I could do myself to make it better I failed. I'm just thankful that He showed me He was tearing down what I had built so that He could build it back. When I'd reached the point where it was finally clear to me where I had messed up, I felt like He was saying throw your nets back in. That's easy for me to do, but I was wondering how "I" was going to convince everyone else to help me do that. God proved to me that He can change people's hearts. I didn't have to convince anyone to do anything, as a matter of fact, they were the one's who convinced me to "throw our nets back in".

He's given me everything that I thought was my hearts desire, because He wanted to be my hearts desire. We could take a few lessons from Him...and we pay people money for marriage counseling so they can tell us something we could learn on our own if we'd just focus our attention on the right source.

I don't want to be like God. I want to be more like His Son, because I know that if He loves me just a fraction of how much He loves His Son, that would be more than enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home