Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Day 14: When God Seems Distant

Question to Consider: How can I stay focused on God's presence, especially when he feels distant?

This chapter got me to thinking...I talk a whole lot about how I feel and base several things I say on how I feel. A week ago or so, I was talking to my Mom on the phone and we were having a converation on this subject. Whenever I would feel that God was distant, it made me want to go searching for Him. I realize now that I haven't been concerned with "feeling His presence". I went about doing what He wanted me to do, regardless of whether I "felt" Him there or not. Instead of having a "pity party"...I partied on while waiting for Him to come back!

For those of you who would like to twist my words, don't understand, or want to point fingers and gasp with shock...let me break it down for you. God loves it when I let my personality shine! Okay, "party on"....when you're having a good time when God is there, do you mope around waiting for Him to come back?! NO!!! You continue to enjoy the fact that He spent time with you and know that He is coming back....in the meantime you keep doing things as if He was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home