Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

God Has An Agenda That's More Important Than My Own

Last night I was doing good, my life seemed a little shaky, but nothing I couldn't handle. Some things had happened that made me really start praying that God show me somehow so that I will know plain as day that I'm doing His will. By ten o'clock last night I was exhausted. The last time I remembered the last time I looked at the clock, it said 10:39.

Around 7 o'clock yesterday evening, I had my day pretty much planned out. By the time I went to bed last night, I had added fixing a few things that had gone wrong yesterday, but it wasn't a big deal. My husband was going to do something at 10:00 a.m. so at 10:30 a.m. I could start getting everything done on my to-do list. My day started with me oversleeping. Why is it that you can go to bed early and oversleep, but you can stay up late, sleep five hours and wake up on time? That was no big deal, it was only 9:00 a.m.

Then 10:30 a.m. rolled around and I found out my husband hadn't done what he said he was going to do. My whole day got thrown out of whack. It was like just another blow to knock me down. I came home and dropped on the couch and just started sobbing. It's already hard enough just to do as well as I'm doing. One thing wasn't done at the time I expected it to be done and I'm all out of sorts not able to even try to be productive doing something other than stressing out.

While I'm sitting there crying and stressing out, I started praying and pleading with God to "fix it." The song "I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing, I will sing" popped in my head and got stuck there. At that moment, I felt like a child looking at their parent thinking and that's supposed to make me feel better? Without questioning it again, I started singing. After the third time around I didn't quite feel like dancing, but I didn't feel like crying anymore. My head was a little clearer and I decided I'd go visit my friend, who is also a my brother's girlfriend. Turns out, my husband couldn't get ahold of me, so he called my brother and my brother sent her a message asking her to tell me.

Finally, this afternoon I realized, it's not my plans that are important, it's His plans. At 4 o'clock this afternoon, everything on my to-do list had been done, even the extra things that were added. I came home and found a note on my door from another friend who was going to help me get one of the things done on my to-do list. Turns out, she went ahead without me and started working on it. God has really blessed me with wonderful people in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home