Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, January 27, 2006

Women's Prayer and Fellowship

This morning my friend came over and brought me breakfast! Which really was sweet, especially because she is fasting and so she wasn't even thinking about herself when she made it....oh yes, not Mickey Dees. She cooked breakfast and brought it to me. God has given me a gift that cannot compare to anything I could imagine asking for, a friend so amazing it's beyond words.

We've both been wanting to start a women's community fellowship and prayer group. I had thought about seeing if it could be held in one of the churches, but I thought it might discourage some people who didn't go to church from coming. This afternoon I found a place for our meetings and the best thing is it's free! Well, at least until they tell me that I need to renew my past membership with the place that's providing the meeting room. Anyway, we are set up for holding a meeting on Thursday and Friday nights. She's going to take Friday nights and I'm taking Thursday nights. If any of you want to "pray with us" and/or have a prayer request, we will be praying both nights between 7 and 8 p.m.

I've been concerned about people not doing what God has called them to do because they think someone else has got it covered or because they don't think they can do it as well as someone else. It's been weighing on my heart for some reason and it's not because I know someone that feels that way, so I just thought I would share it with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I've thought about doing something very similar to this- guess my worry has been that I might not do a good job, someone else might think it was a stupid idea or that I was not the right one to do the job, etc... but, I don't see anyone else doing it, so...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home