Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Deeper Understanding Of Testing The Spirits

The question has been in my mind several years now...How can every church be right? The same question that kept me from going to church turned around years later and has made me want to start going to different churches. When I'd first thought about going to different churches, it either didn't work out for me to go or I felt really comfortable where I was. After almost deciding that I was supposed to commit myself to one church, the thought was voiced to me again by a friend of mine. Maybe God is calling you to go to different churches. The thought is now accompanied by a path being opened to go to various local churches. In the past two weeks I've gone to three different churches. Just think, six months ago I used to say that I hate going to church!

Because it wasn't good enough for me to take someone else's word for it, I had to find out for myself what I believed the Bible said. I found out that the Bible says just what it says, but it seems that some churches place more emphasizes on certain aspects of the Bible than others. I've learned that when are serious about being a "profitable servant" that you have to combine what the Bible says about all aspects of how you should lead your life, especially when you're letting the Holy Spirit lead you.

How easy is it to go to church every Sunday morning, go through the routine, sing two songs, sit, sing another song, give your tithe and offerings, hear the sermon, pray and get right with God and go home...just to go back the next Sunday and do it all over again. I believe that many of the people that do that will slide into heaven by the skin of their teeth, but I know and you know that we are in a day and time where people are having their faith tested. So I can't help but wonder how many of those people who are comfortable with their spiritual lives living that way and taking for granted that "a man of God" could not mislead them, will be easily persuaded to doubt their faith. I haven't even mentioned the people that already have doubts and are like I was saying that churches are too corrupt these days for them to even think about going.

Church has a vitally important place in your life, but you need to approach it with the attitude of wanting to grow not going because it's the "right thing" to do. For myself, I can't commit myself to one church right now because my heart has love for three different churches. I'm not in search of the "perfect church." Also, I have my own reasons, which after much prayer I've decided are not selfish reasons. To me, I've been given a gift to be able to stand among other believers and raise my hands and worship God at one church and at another church the gift of being able to fellowship with other believers. In spite of their flaws, they still have so much good to offer. I know right now at this moment, I am where God wants me to be until His will is for me to be somewhere else or doing something else.

Depending on where you are at, Sheraton Roth used a good example in her post about being on a map, God may be teaching you something totally different from what He's teaching me, by having you where you are right now. All of us are ultimately accountable to God and I can't imagine any of us will want to see the look on God's face when He hears someone say, "it was their fault, they told me... ." Somehow, I just don't think that's going to go over real well. No matter where you are, whether you are a member of a church or part of a television audience, you are right where you are supposed to be. You just have to make the decision to start finding Him for yourself and let Him teach you.

He didn't tell us to impose our beliefs on anyone else. He said to tell them what God has done in your life. I've realized that because of the experience that I had, thanks to Sarah Cool's post on angels, that God intended to use that for me to reach other people. You see, I don't have any doubt that God exists. My mother remembers the day also. I do know that there are many people that haven't had that kind of experience happen to them. The first thought that will pop into some of your heads is why couldn't God show me something like that, I'd definitely believe in Him then. That just goes to show that God is real and so is Satan doing everything He can to deceive you. I have no reason to lie to you. As a matter of fact, society would rather you believe I'm crazy, but the fact still remains, I have no reason to lie to you. God is alive and well and has been faithful in everything He promised me, and regardless of whether you've seen angels or not, He made the same promises to you too.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah cool said...

Hi there! What a thought-provoking post. I think that while you are called to go to several churches, rather than just one, I *would* encourage you to join a Bible study of women that you stick with each week. You know? To give you that constant companionship that you might miss out on a little bit while you experience different churchs... and that's my thought on that. :) I still miss the church I was the youth pastor for for 3 years, and I love going back to visit. I love knowing that I am welcome there, and also at my new church - it is very fulfilling to have 2 places where I feel at home, even if I am at my new church pretty much full time now. Thanks for sharing all of these thoughts and stories!

Friday, January 27, 2006 6:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Annette,
I just read your post. You summed everything up very nicely in what you said below.

Annette says:
All of us are ultimately accountable to God and I can't imagine any of us will want to see the look on God's face when He hears someone say, "it was their fault, they told me... ." Somehow, I just don't think that's going to go over real well.

Shirley: Kinda reminds me of Adam saying Eve made me do it, and Eve saying the devil made me do it. Neither one got away with it, did they?

We may not agree with everything you say, but that's ok.

Well, my grandson just walked in the door, so I have to get school started. Talk to ya soon.

Shirley

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home