Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Answered Prayers

I had full intentions of using a scrapbook kit that I got for Christmas. A couple of days after Christmas, I opened it up and looked at it. Since then it's been on the shelf, sitting there, waiting for me to "scrapbook."

This evening my husband came home from being out of town. Thursday night, after he had left, there was a severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch. The doppler radar showed that the line of storms with rotation in the clouds was moving over the spot where I thought he might be. My first thought was to call him and make sure he was okay, but my second thought was to pray and wait for him to call me. About 30 minutes later he called and said that he saw funnel clouds and someone had called and said there was a tornado in the county that he was in. It wasn't until he got home that he told me the detailed story about how they were in the car on mountain roads when someone called and said the tornado was about 30 minutes from where they were. He gave me a detailed account of how they sped down the mountain fishtailing around the curves trying to get to the bottom of it as fast as they could.

So, I decided to "scrapbook" my answered prayers. Here's my first attempt at scrapbooking with an account of his story and a news article about the tornado that touched down on the other side of where he was after passing over them. I completed the page with a picture of us, with him safely at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy S said...

I Love scrapbooking and that is a very clever idea...I have never even thought about scrapbooking about an answered prayer...Hey you could possibly even start a trend ..There could even be a Christian ladies scrappin club ..lol

I am glad to here that he made it home safely ...God is good !!

here is a link to a few layouts I posted if you are interested...

http://presentstorms.blogspot.com/2005/10/scrappin.html

Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home