Do you want a new layout?
Blog layouts start at $25
Website Design starts at $50
Email Me
Official PayPal Seal

Friday, January 20, 2006

Take It All But You'll Never Take Away My Birthday!

I remember being on the verge of tears years ago. A girl that I worked with said, "I tell them, they can have it all, but the one thing they can never take away is my birthday!" As adults, society tells us that growing older is a bad thing. No wonder most of the population is on anti-depressants. After I turned 29, I really started looking forward to my birthdays probably even more than my girls look forward to theirs. I'm like a kid. I want presents, cake and ice cream, the whole shabang.
Finding and identifying my weak spots I'm afraid is going to be a long drawn out battle for me. What Satan means for bad, God means for good, but still and yet, Satan refuses to give up. I want unshakeable faith. Every morning, I want to wake up and really believe that this is the best day ever. Somehow negative thoughts creep in at some point during the day and get me down. I almost didn't make it to the printer in time to get my newsletter out.
All week I was waiting on money to come in. I put off finishing up this week's issue until almost the last minute. This morning I thought to myself...what's the use, I doubt I have enough money to get copies made anyway. Where was my faith??? God must have nudged me or something because I got back in gear and finished it up and printed copies of the cover page. My printer has been telling me for months now that it was out of black ink. It's either lieing to me or God really wants me to do this newsletter. I went to the printer with the cover pages and asked that they make copies of the middle and the inside using the other side of the cover page. I still had $2.00 left over after getting all my copies made. I was able to do every single newsletter with a color outside instead of doing part of them in color and part in black and white. This is the best looking issue yet!
I've stepped out in faith and am planning on doing a special issue for Valentine's Day. God willing, I will have 10,000 copies published. It will be 32 glossy, full color pages...just like a magazine. My little sister suggested that I call it a "zine" which is actually what it will be. I'll be giving away "Valenzines" this year...get it?? Pray that God will put it on enough people's hearts to buy advertising or donate money. I only need 8 churches, businesses or people to buy a full page ad and it will pay for it. The rest of the pages I hope will be stories from other people. I already have a few people that will be submitting a story for it, so I figure there will be room for about 5 or 6 more people to share their stories. Wanna be published? hint...hint.
Think about it....10,000 people or more (if they share one) that you can reach. God said to tell everyone who will listen about the things He's done for you. Now how many people have you told lately? What better way of doing something to the best of your ability? I guarantee that it will improve your relationship with God. Just blogging every day or so has brought me closer and closer to God and my faith has become stronger. Wow...just telling you about my plans for the "zine" has renewed my excitement! I REALLY want to share your stories with others. It amazes me how many people say, "oh, I don't know how to spell that well or write, you wouldn't want me to do that." YES! You are the exact ones I want to write! I'll take you gifted writers too, but I have a feeling that those of you that think your story isn't worth sharing have the most valuable stories of all, just waiting to be told. I don't want YOUR money either, nor do I expect it. God has plans for that already. So no more excuses! Write!
Okay, that's enough for today. Isn't God good! Thank you for coming and reading my blog. You've cheered me up because you reminded me that somebody once told me....They can't take away my birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

I like your blog.
I always pick the 1st person who responds to my rent my blog.
If you would I will leave it open for you next week.
God Bless You
Bozette

Saturday, January 21, 2006 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Wonderful look at Birthday I believe. I myself haven't been very excited for my birthdays since my teen years. As my birthday is screeping closer (on the 27th) I realize that there isn't much to the birthday besides another landmark that you've gotten older. But to be able to think of that in a positive way when you are an adult is a gift that should be shared. I'm not in it for the party of gifts (although cake sounds good :9 ) but to be blessed about knowing God has given me another year to enjoy his wonderful work and to praise Him is all the joy that's needed ^_^

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home